The First Baptist Ithaca building has a long pedigree going back to the 1800’s. It is spacious, inviting, and colorful. We are happy to share our sacred space with all sorts of community groups.
Current Ithaca Fire Department regulations allow a maximum of 95 people in the Community Room and 182 in the Sanctuary. The library seats 35 people.
We ask all space users to abide by the following rules:
- FBC is available solely to groups not discriminating against Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, or Asexual people.
- Individuals and groups using the church facilities are responsible for cleaning up after themselves and leaving the facility in the condition in which they found it. All doors must be locked and lights turned off.
- We ask that groups using the Chapel remove their shoes.
- Smoking is prohibited in the church building and on the grounds.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served.
- Use of the gas oven(s) requires prior training.
- No groups may use the gas lighting in the Sanctuary.
- The communion table (in sanctuary) may be moved, but may not be used for any purpose.
The prices listed are for up to 4 hours of continuous use; any additional hours will be prorated. Please do not wear shoes in the Chapel.
- Sanctuary: $100
- Chapel: $25
- Community Room: $60 (add $15 if food will be served)
- Library/Classroom: $35
- Kitchen: $50
$300 for up to 12 hours of building use, include the use of the Sanctuary for a rehearsal prior to the wedding, and use of Sanctuary, Community Room, Library and Kitchen on the day of the wedding. This fee covers the use of building only and does not include remuneration for musicians or ministers. A charge of $50 for 2 hours of custodial service is included in the fee. Any additional hours of custodial service required will be billed at $25/hour. 50% of the fee is due at reservation, with the balance due two weeks prior to the wedding date.
- Custodian: $25/Hour
- Sound Equipment Operator: $25/Hour
- Sound Equipment Use: $50
Deposits are required for groups that need a key to the south door or that will be moving or rearranging furniture for their event. All groups are asked for a custodial deposit. The deposits are returned in full once the furnishings and building are replaced/cleaned as they were found and/or the key is returned.
- Furniture: $200
- Door Key: $100
- Custodial: $50
Requesting Building Use
Fill out this form and email to [email protected]