This Sunday, August 14, at First Baptist
Please join us Sunday morning for worship at First Baptist in Ithaca starting at 10:00 am. We are continuing to worship in a hybrid in-person/Zoom mode. Those attending in person will follow the COVID protocols listed below, including wearing masks and maintaining appropriate distancing. If you’d like to join us on Zoom and are not on the First Baptist mailing list, please contact email@example.com for the link.
Note that Pastor Debbie is currently taking her first sabbatical leave through August 28. We welcome various members, friends, and visitors to our pulpit in the meantime.
- Please join us for First Baptist worship this Sunday either in-person or via Zoom;
- The service will be led by Rev. Dr. Rich Barron. He will deliver the message Dancing in the Dark;
- Special Music will be provided by Regi Carpenter, singing May Peace Be With You.
- The worship service will be followed by a Doorstep Reception, weather permitting, just outside the southwest door on the corner of DeWitt Park. Those joining on Zoom will have an opportunity after the worship service to meet together in small groups in Breakout Rooms.
In spite of the increase in positive COVID tests and hospitalizations over recent months in Tompkins County, we are continuing hybrid in-person/Zoom worship services. Please feel free to join us, either in person or via Zoom. If you want to join us via Zoom, and are not already on the First Baptist email list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We now know that vaccines are very effective against the omicron variant; please be sure to get your booster if you haven’t already! We will continue all the safety protocols we were using in the fall. Everyone will wear masks, unless they are speaking at one of the front microphones, and we will continue having greeters to welcome people, make sure they know our protocols, and track attendance just in case we need the information. We ask everyone to continue to be mindful of safe distances and limit physical contact.
As usual, audio versions of the Scripture Reading and Message of this service will be posted on the Recorded Sermons page under this tab shortly after the conclusion of the service.
Saturday Evening Prayer Services
During the 2020 Lenten season, First Baptist joined together on Saturday evenings for special Lenten Prayer services. These were so successful, especially after they went on-line using Zoom, that we have decided to continue them for the foreseeable future. Please consider joining us for these special services:
- Saturday Evening Prayer services from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. These services will include opportunities for chant, Scripture reading, and silent meditation.
These also will be offered only remotely using Zoom. See weekly email reminders for the Zoom Meeting link.
Please join us for one or more of these services!