This Sunday (August 1) at First Baptist
Please join us for our worship service at First Baptist this Sunday!
Note: Beginning on June 20 we have had the option of worshiping in-person at First Baptist! We plan to wear masks and to satisfy social distancing requirements. Starting last week, July 18, we are allowing congregants to sing the hymns and chants during the service as long as they are wearing masks, and we will allow vaccinated individuals or small groups (of 2 or 3) to provide Special Music un-masked. We will continue to offer the alternative of joining the worship service remotely, using the web-access tool Zoom. If you are not already on the First Baptist mailing list, and wish to gain access to the Zoom worship service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 607-273-5800.
- Plan to join us this week, August 1, as we celebrate in a Hybrid service, accessible both in person (see restrictions above) and via Zoom.
- Since this is the first Sunday of the month we will be celebrating Communion; so if you are joining us via Zoom and wish to participate be sure to have your bread and juice available;
- Special Music will be provided by Joe Haines;
- Pastor Debbie will deliver a Meditation entitled More Than Enough; and
- We will gather outside the south-west door at the corner of DeWitt Park for our Doorstep Reception following the service (weather permitting).
As usual, audio versions of the Scripture Reading and Message of this service will be posted on the Recorded Sermons page under this tab shortly after the conclusion of the service.
Saturday Evening Prayer Services
During last year’s Lenten season, First Baptist joined together on Saturday evenings for special Lenten Prayer services. These were so successful, especially after they went on-line using Zoom, that we have decided to continue them for the foreseeable future. Please consider joining us for these special services:
- Saturday Evening Prayer services from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. These services will include opportunities for chant, Scripture reading, and silent meditation.
These also will be offered only remotely using Zoom. See weekly email reminders for the Zoom Meeting link.
Please join us for one or more of these services!