This Sunday, October 2, at First Baptist
Please join us Sunday morning for worship with First Baptist in Ithaca. We are currently worshiping in a hybrid in-person/Zoom mode starting at 10:00 am. If you are joining us in person, please note the COVID protocols described below. If you’d like to join us on Zoom and are not on the First Baptist mailing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
- Please join us for First Baptist worship this Sunday either in-person or via Zoom.
- We will be celebrating World Communion Sunday, so if you are attending via Zoom please have your elements (bread and juice/wine) available if you wish to participate;
- Pastor Debbie’s Communion Message is titled: Eat Up! There’s Plenty!;
- The choir will sing the anthem Cantate Domino by Giuseppe Pitoni; and
- Adult Education will follow the service after a brief time to socialize (including in Breakout Rooms on Zoom). This Week’s Topic for Adult Education is Practicing Hospitality. We are called as Christians to hospitality—to welcome others as Christ did. Leslie and Nico Schultz have been living and working at the Catholic Worker House as a place of hospitality. Join Leslie and Pastor Debbie in a conversation about the joys and challenges of hospitality as part of our Christian discipleship.
In spite of the increase in positive COVID tests and hospitalizations over recent months in Tompkins County, we are continuing hybrid in-person/Zoom worship services. Please feel free to join us, either in person or via Zoom. If you want to join us via Zoom, and are not already on the First Baptist email list please contact email@example.com.
We now know that vaccines are very effective against the omicron variant; please be sure to get your booster if you haven’t already! We will continue all the safety protocols we were using in the fall. Everyone will wear masks, unless they are speaking at one of the front microphones, and we will continue having greeters to welcome people, make sure they know our protocols, and track attendance just in case we need the information. We ask everyone to continue to be mindful of safe distances and limit physical contact.
As usual, audio versions of the Scripture Reading and Message of this service will be posted on the Recorded Sermons page under this tab shortly after the conclusion of the service.
Saturday Evening Prayer Services
During the 2020 Lenten season, First Baptist joined together on Saturday evenings for special Lenten Prayer services. These were so successful, especially after they went on-line using Zoom, that we have decided to continue them for the foreseeable future. Please consider joining us for these special services:
- Saturday Evening Prayer services from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. These services will include opportunities for chant, Scripture reading, and silent meditation.
These also will be offered only remotely using Zoom. See weekly email reminders for the Zoom Meeting link.
Please join us for one or more of these services!