This Sunday, November 27, at First Baptist
Please join us Sunday morning for worship with First Baptist in Ithaca. We are currently worshiping in a hybrid in-person/Zoom mode starting at 10:00 am. If you are joining us in person, please note the COVID protocols described below. If you’d like to join us on Zoom and are not on the First Baptist mailing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
- Please join us for worship at First Baptist this first Sunday of Advent!
- Pastor Debbie’s message is titled: Keep Awake!;
- The choir will sing Roland Diggle’s arrangement of Gerard Moultrie’s Let all mortal flesh keep silence;
- This is Stewardship Sunday so if you are planning to pledge in support of First Baptist’s 2023 Programs, and haven’t yet returned your pledge commitment, there will be an opportunity to do so this Sunday; and
- After a brief time for fellowship following the worship service (including in Breakout Rooms for those joining us on Zoom), Adult Education will focus on Advent Awakenings – How will we choose to observe the Advent season this year? What activities and practices will help us to be awake and open to the light of God’s coming? Our adult education will be both a response to the message and a sharing of ways we plan to observe Advent. The Worship & Spiritual Life Team has chosen a daily Advent reflection resource, Embodied Light: Advent Reflections on the Incarnation by Melissa Tidwell, as one option for us to use together. Please plan to join in our adult education time as we encourage and inspire each other to experience Advent together.
We are continuing hybrid in-person/Zoom worship services. Please feel free to join us, either in person or via Zoom. If you want to join us via Zoom, and are not already on the First Baptist email list please contact email@example.com.
We now know that vaccines are very effective against the omicron variant; please be sure to get your booster if you haven’t already! In spite of the continued presence of COVID in our community we have adopted a policy of mask-optional for those worshiping in person. We ask everyone to continue to be mindful of safe distances, to limit physical contact, and to avoid attending in person if you are feeling unwell and/or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID infection.
As usual, audio versions of the Scripture Reading and Message of this service will be posted on the Recorded Sermons page under this tab shortly after the conclusion of the service.
Saturday Evening Prayer Services
During the 2020 Lenten season, First Baptist joined together on Saturday evenings for special Lenten Prayer services. These were so successful, especially after they went on-line using Zoom, that we have decided to continue them for the foreseeable future. Please consider joining us for these special services:
- Saturday Evening Prayer services from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. These services will include opportunities for chant, Scripture reading, and silent meditation.
These also will be offered only remotely using Zoom. See weekly email reminders for the Zoom Meeting link.
Please join us for one or more of these services!