This Sunday (July 5) at First Baptist
Please join us for worship at First Baptist this Sunday!
Note: To satisfy social distancing requirements associated with prevention of the spread of COVID-19, for the foreseeable future we will be worshipping remotely only, using the web-access tool Zoom. If you are not already on the First Baptist mailing list, and wish to gain access to the service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 607-273-5800.
- Pastor Debbie and Christopher M. Loy will again lead our service on Sunday from the First Baptist Sanctuary (with no other worshippers present);
- Pastor Debbie will deliver the message: Freedom in Christ;
- Special Music will be provided by Dave Caughey;
- We will share Communion (so have your bread and juice (or wine) handy); and
- Adult Education will follow immediately after the service on Zoom, with a discussion of plans for safely transitioning to a hybrid (Zoom/In-person) worship service. You will have received a document from the Re-Opening Committee that lays out the plan, including the special rules that will be implemented to make the process as safe as possible for those returning to the sanctuary for worship. The Committee hopes to have a version of this plan ready for congregational approval at a congregational meeting scheduled for July 19.
Note that an audio version of the Scripture Reading and Message will be posted later in the day after the service on the Recorded Sermons page under this tab.
Staying Connected after Lent
During the recent Lenten season, First Baptist joined together on Saturday evenings for special Lenten Prayer services. These were so successful, especially after they went on-line using Zoom, that we have decided to continue them for the foreseeable future. Please consider joining us for these special services:
- Saturday Evening Prayer services from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. These services will include opportunities for chant, Scripture reading, and silent meditation.
These also will be offered only remotely using Zoom. See weekly email reminders for the Zoom Meeting link.
Please join us for one or more of these services!